At the moment I wish to introduce to you one of the successful free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Enviornment), which is oriented in direction of the well-known Warcraft 3 - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For many who never performed DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game concept I'll explain it intimately:
League of Legends would not put high requirements in your PCs. You want no less than:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.0 capable video card, - 750 MB free arduous disk area, - DSL or similar
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on the place you live. You too can create an account on US while living in Europe however you'll expertise higher pings then. I offer you a hyperlink to create an account in my author's bio. Select a name (all the time the hardest part) and a pleasant picture and off you go!
There are 2 teams 5 gamers (there are more game modes, but they are not vital to start with because as a newbie you should begin with 5vs5 to learn the gameplay). Before each match you all select a "champion" who is the character you want to use in battle. Dependant on your private preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, a large granite golem, a little boy driving on a Yeti, a courageous knight and lots of more.All in all there are greater than 80 (!) completely different champions and every second week one is added.
Each champions has 4 different skills (three normal and one extra sturdy, the "Final") and a passive, which he has for the reason that beginning. You be taught the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is eighteen which means that you've 5 points in every normal capacity and three in your ultimate.
You obtain expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or neutral monsters are killed by your troops (it is not necessary to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
In the beginning you usually play no matter you want, later it is helpful to communicate along with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've got a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the identical kind.
The totally different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means skill energy, they primarily deal magical injury with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they primarily deal physical harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are onerous to kill and defend their own carries, for instance by beautiful or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They have both buffs or heals to support their carries and preserve them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't begin in the lane however in the jungle and assist their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The attention-grabbing level is: Depending on the items you equip on your champions they are usually able to meet totally different roles!
To start with you don't have own champions, however every week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you should purchase more champions with affect points (IP) in the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has 3 different lanes, which lead from your individual to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which you have to destroy earlier than you possibly can attack the base itself. As a help your most important building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves in short intervals which show you how to in fights. Between the lanes there may be the "jungle", the place impartial monsters are located. For those who kill these you obtain gold and/or short-term buffs.
As soon because the match begins everyone has about a minute to spend his beginning capital on objects in the shop.
This does not take lengthy since you do not have much gold in the beginning. There are other ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or impartial monsters (here it is important to give them the ultimate blow, the so referred to as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are several objects which grant you extra earnings (the so referred to as gold/5 gadgets -> they give you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
When you destroy the enemy fundamental building (Nexus) your staff wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, nonetheless, it's a must to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on no less than one lane and the 2 towers which protect the Nexus. So it isn't the best idea to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 when you do not push the lanes on the same time. An average match takes 30-forty five minutes, hardly ever more than an hour. As quickly because the match reaches minute 20 additionally it is potential to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a reasonably new domination map ("Dominion") where you must capture and defend sure points. As well as there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner stage 30 (rationalization follows) in which you obtain an Elo count depending on your wins and losses. For inexperienced persons I highly suggest the conventional 5vs5 map!
The summonersleague of legends t-shirt shop
of Legends also has an RPG part. You do not solely select a reputation and a picture for yourself (you are a so called "summoner", do not mix it up with the "champions") but you're also able to level up yourself and buy small buffs with Influence Points (IP).